Specialism / Function
Unlock your potential for growth by helping the world’s most dynamic organisations unlock theirs. At Grant Thornton, we’re looking for people who are looking for tomorrow’s solutions. For our office in St. Maarten we have the following opportunity:
Opportunity as an Associate Assurance (St. Maarten)
Grant Thornton’s Audit practice provides our clients with valuable insight regarding managing risk and improving business performance. We assist our clients with improving their overall financial reporting processes. Our goal is to help our clients better understand their business by keeping them regularly informed about their financial progress and by discussing accounting, financial, and regulatory developments that may impact their business.
Why become an Audit Associate at Grant Thornton?
As an Audit Associate at Grant Thornton, your primary responsibility will be performing audit procedures in the areas of cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payrolls, and expense analysis. You will work alongside Partners, Managers, and Senior Associates as a member of the engagement team. Additional job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Reviewing and auditing business transaction cycles including cash, treasury, capital expenditures, and other income and expenses
• Researching audit issues, utilizing electronic databases, and review-tracking financial information, utilizing audit related software
• Identifying, researching, assessing, and informing senior staff members of audit related issues
• Translate issues found in financial statements in business-oriented solutions
• Collaboratively working with client team members to build rapport and strong client relationships
What we ask
You have a completed bachelor or master’s degree in accounting. You have 0-2 years’ experience in working in the field of audit. You have proven knowledge or experience of financial reporting, internal controls and auditing. You are committed to obtain your CPA, RA or AA degree. You’re a self- motivated, confident and hardworking individual who enjoys working within a team. You’re able to work and deliver under pressure and within tight deadlines. Strong written and oral proficiency in Dutch and English is required. You’re enthusiastic, enterprising and ambitious and have a strong personality.
To apply: Send an e-mail with your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 December 2019.